Well behaved pets may be permitted. By signing the Rental Agreement you are agreeing to the following Pet Policies. If you wish to bring a pet, please fill out the requested information about your pet after signing.
- There is a $25 pet charge, per pet, per day. All dogs must be at least two years old, weigh no more than 40 lbs., and there is a maximum of two dogs per property. Reach out to the host in advance to discuss the size/breed/age of your pet if you have any questions. Ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date prior to your stay, especially flea treatment. No cats please. We will invoice you this fee prior to your arrival if it was not paid with your reservation. This fee must be paid before arrival.
- By law, pets must be kept on a leash when outside.
- Clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property. Do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure that no additional cleaning fee is necessary due to pet related messes (i.e.: paw prints and mud on carpet).
- Do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Complaints by neighbors of excessive barking may lead to eviction without refund. This will be at the sole discretion of the host.
- Do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. Many pets are used to being allowed on furniture and beds at their own home, but this is not allowed in our rental properties. Please, bring any kennel or special bedding your pet may enjoy with this is mind. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind. This may include professional steam cleaning; usually resulting in charges above $200. Groom your dog prior to their stay in the home, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a pet.
- You may not leave your dog alone in the home; your dog should either explore with you or be crated during your absence.
- Dogs are not allowed in the home’s shower. Several local groomers offer pet bathing services and we would be happy to help you coordinate an appointment with one.
- You are responsible for any damages your pet causes. Your security deposit will be used to cover any chewing, scratching, digging, soiled linens, unreported housetraining accidents and cleaning up any messes (including dog hair on furniture), inside or outside.